East Pearland, 77581 is located about 14 miles southeast of downtown Houston and five miles south of Hobby Airport. Most of the city lies in northern Brazoria County with portions extending into Harris and Fort Bend Counties. Pearland’s growth and access have been strongly influenced by State Highway 288. Officially named the Nolan Ryan Expressway but still commonly referred to as the South Freeway.
Neighborhoods along Pearland Parkway east of Hwy 35 have become increasingly popular with their proximity to Houston for an easy commute, exemplary schools, shopping and newer communities with abundant amenities. Many home buyers are looking for neighborhoods in a great location with excellent school districts in subdivisions like The Lakes of Highland Glen, Preserve at Highland Glen, Pearland Park Estates, The Villages at Mary’s Creek, and Town Lake Estates.
East Pearland, TX 77581 is experiencing a boom in residential growth and development. Offering new construction in several new communities. Search all homes for sale in Pearland below.
Retail and Entertainment
Pearland was one of two Texas cities to average double-digit growth in retail sales from 2004 to 2009, and its retail market was the state’s fastest growing over the five-year periods ending 2009, 2010, and 2011. Prominent mixed-use lifestyle and shopping complexes service residents with national retailers and dining establishments.
- The Center at Pearland Parkway, next to a new H-E-B, serves residents of east Pearland, Friendswood and Alvin. Includes Academy Sports & Outdoors, Petco, Palais Royale, TJ Max and Rack Room
- Pearland Cinema 6
- Pearland Town Center, Shadow Creek Town Center and Silverlake Village Shopping Center are just a short trip to West Pearland
Most of Pearland is a part of the Pearland Independent School District. Other portions of Pearland are part of Alvin Independent School District. (including most of Shadow Creek Ranch), Fort Bend Independent School District (including some of Shadow Creek Ranch)
- All schools in Pearland ISD, including Pearland High School and Glenda Dawson High School, serve the Pearland ISD portion of Pearland
- The majority of East Pearland is zoned to Pearland High School home of the Pearland Oilers
- The Alvin ISD portion is served by several elementary and middle schools as well as Manvel High School
- The Fort Bend ISD portion is served by several schools and Willowridge High School
- St. Helen’s Catholic School, a K-8 Roman Catholic School operated by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
- The Eagle Heights Christian Academy is operated by the First Baptist Church and is located on Pearland Parkway. It offers grades Pre-K – 12
- Heritage Christian Academy is located in Pearland. First Christian Academy Pre-k – 12th grade
- The Montessori School of Downtown is also an option for children Infant through 5th grade, with two locations in Pearland
Colleges and Universities
The Pearland ISD and Alvin ISD portions are served by Alvin Community College (ACC), and the Pasadena ISD portion is served by San Jacinto College.
The University of Houston – Clear Lake (UHCL) has a satellite campus, located of Pearland Parkway.
Search by Pearland Parkway Subdivision
- The Lakes of Highland Glen
- The Preserve at Highland Glen
- Pearland Park Estates
- Baker’s Landing
- The Villages at Mary’s Creek
- Towne Lake Estates
- Oakbrook & Oakbrook Estates
For more information on selling or buying real estate in Houston including Pearland, Friendswood, League City, Clear Lake and more, contact Stephanie Bateman, REALTOR®.