The Pearland School District has many campuses that services communities east to west. The district is a state of Texas recognized institution. Schools provide services for grades Pre-Kindergarten to High School.
Through all the years of growth in Pearland, the school district has consistently been the heart of the town. The first school, built in 1893, was a one-room wood structure with a wood burning stove and an enrollment of 23 students taught by Miss Nannie Rogers. More than a century later, the district has 23 campuses, 1069 teachers, and an enrollment of more than 19,000.
Pearland ISD strives to offer a world-class education that develops every child’s unique gifts and talents. Our diverse programs challenge and equip students for future success:
- Gifted and Talented Academy
- Dual Language Pilot Program (dual English/Spanish classrooms)
- Massey Ranch Elementary – IB World School
- Championship athletic programs
- Dual credit/dual degrees through local colleges
- Premier drama, choral, band and art programs
- Special Olympics
- Career and Technical Education certifications/workforce learning
- College and career high school (fall 2013)?
Total District Enrollment
African American 16.3%
The comprehensive academic program in grades K-12 provides students the opportunity to reach his/her potential. Special services, bilingual/ESL, G/T, and Pre-K programs are offered to students who qualify. At the secondary level (grades 6-12), the Pre AP/AP programs serve as the G/T program. With the State Board of Education approved TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills), the entire K-12 curriculum will have real-life applications and will include the integration of technology. The district also has an extensive career and technology program that makes connections with the business community.
Information found at www.PearlandISD.org Site.