West Pearland is located in northern Brazoria County south of Houston. Downtown Houston is a short 16 mile commute north and five miles south of Hobby Airport. Most of the city lies in northern Brazoria County with portions extending into Harris and Fort Bend Counties. West Pearland growth and access have been strongly influenced by State Highway 288. Officially named the Nolan Ryan Expressway but still commonly referred to as the South Freeway.
Retail and Entertainment
Pearland was one of two Texas cities to average double-digit growth in retail sales from 2004 to 2009, and its retail market was the state’s fastest growing over the five-year periods ending 2009, 2010, and 2011. Prominent mixed-use lifestyle and shopping complexes service residents with national retailers and dining establishments.
- Pearland Town Center – Opened in July 2008. Includes Macy’s, Dillard’s, Sports Authority, and Barnes and Noble. Restaurants include BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, La Madeline’s, Gringos Mexican Kitchen, and Red Lobster.
- Shadow Creek Town Center – Retail and dining center. Retail stores include HEB Plus, Academy Sports + Outdoors, Hobby Lobby, and Ashley Furniture. Also houses the Pearland Westside Library.
- The Spectrum District – Existing developments include Bass Pro Shop. Proposed developments include urban residential, office, and retail projects.
- Silverlake Village Shopping Center – Silverlake Village is anchored by Super Target, and features a host of other national retailers including Michael’s, Marshalls, PetSmart, Ross, DSW, Office Depot and Randalls. Joe’s Crab Shack, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Chili’s, and Johnny Carino’s as some of the restaurants located here.
- The Crossing @ 288 – Best Buy, JCPenney, Old Navy, Bed Bath and Beyond, Half Price Books and other stores and restaurants such as Olive Garden and Chipotle’s.
- Shadow Creek Market Place – (Located at NW Corner of SC Pkwy & Hwy 288) Kroger Signature store, Cracker Barrel, Bank of America, Chase Bank and other stores.
- Cinemark Movies 12
- Pearland Medical Center
- Reserve at SCR – Kelsey-Seybold, Memorial Herman and HCA
- St. Luke’s Emergency Center
- Houston Medical Center
- Texas Children’s Pediatrics
Most of Pearland is a part of the Pearland Independent School District. Other portions of Pearland are part of Alvin Independent School District. (including most of Shadow Creek Ranch), Fort Bend Independent School District (including some of Shadow Creek Ranch)
- All schools in Pearland ISD, including Pearland High School and Glenda Dawson High School, serve the Pearland ISD portion of Pearland
- The Majority of West Pearland is zoned to Glenda Dawson High School home of the Dawson Eagles
- The Alvin ISD portion is served by several elementary and middle schools as well as Manvel High School
- The Fort Bend ISD portion is served by several schools and Willowridge High School
- St. Helen’s Catholic School, a K-8 Roman Catholic School operated by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
- The Eagle Heights Christian Academy is operated by the First Baptist Church and is located on Pearland Parkway. It offers grades Pre-K – 12
- Heritage Christian Academy is located in Pearland. First Christian Academy Pre-k – 12th grade
- The Montessori School of Downtown is also an option for children Infant through 5th grade, with two locations in Pearland
Colleges and Universities
The Pearland ISD and Alvin ISD portions are served by Alvin Community College (ACC), and the Pasadena ISD portion is served by San Jacinto College.
The University of Houston – Clear Lake (UHCL) has a satellite campus, located of Pearland Parkway.
For more information on selling or buying real estate in Houston including Pearland, Friendswood, League City, Clear Lake and more, contact Stephanie Bateman, REALTOR®.